View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 11:48 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
I had another Black Op mission on Kolgujev...

Guys: Me (Black Op).
Mission: Blow the enemy tanks in the base.
Success? Yes.

Well, firstly, this morning or so, when I was attempting the mission several times, I found that it was a bit hard to blow the tanks without sounding the alarm. If the alarm is sounded, it's not a mission fail - but a whole lot of enemies are gonna come looking for you and try and stomp your ass down in the dirt (lol).

Well, after a few attempts of trying to get down to the entrance to get into the base, I started getting detected. So later on, I thought: if the enemy tanks are near the enemy base's walls, I can just place charges to the walls outside the enemy base and hopefully the blast radius be big enough to actually blow the tanks (and the walls as well). Well, while I was running to those walls while the alarm was on, I found a crack in one of the walls like 20m away from the tanks...

So I decided to exit and play later on. And I finally succeeded. I went down to the enemy base proning and going through the wall crack, went to the tanks undetected, placed one or two charges, then happened to see an enemy soldier on guard walking straight at me, I silenced him, hid his body, placed the last charge, and starting gapping it out of the base. Later on when I was still on my stomach proning away from the base, the alarm sounded. So, I decided to detonate right then. BOOM...! And more booms!

So I made it to the exfil, with two T80s (or T72s), one BMP, and one dead soldier.

Awesomeness. Probably could have done better the first time, haha.

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black