View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 02:16 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
hi i'm steve

what am i doing here? well one day i went to my mate's house and he was playing DF2 and i was pretty much hooked from that second. I really liked making missions and we figured out we could get hold of tutorials and maps online (this was back in the 56k days woop) which helped out a lot.

shortly after i started submitting maps to Pancho & Heavy's old website with the weird URL and submitted my own maps.

i then made a small df map site called UK Delta Force, there used to be a good number of small map sites around, one other site was called Panther's Den Mr Panther aka Scott for some reason asked me to team up and run a site together, after some persuasion (because i liked my own site) i agreed and after a lot of work on Scott's part the site was launched as df-hq.com (i think), mid 2001.

i couldnt tell you how much time i used to spend making maps and tutorials and learning about df stuff i completed exactly 99 maps and have one DFTFD map unfinished (any takers?), however the df stuff has faded over time and all i can do now is posty on the forums and count to potato.

we are still planning on global domination with our new website. with help from our exisitng community we know will will eventually be successful with this!

i have a BSc (Hons) Degree in Business and Technology, and i'm a Service Engineer for an IT company in the UK.