View Single Post
Old 05-25-2019, 02:34 AM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creator View Post
This is because the creator of this mission took only the target building from campaign mission "Shattered Palace" and paste "Shattered Palace.Ain" with the name "Brothers in Arms.Ain".
In this way during Brothers in Arms mission peoples navigate inside the building without go against walls but this happens only for the target building.
I did the same thing in some of my missions like: "Insurrection" and "Capture".
This is the only way to make work ain. file on custom mission...
This isn't so much but with a good idea for a custom mission before to create it you can paste the various buildings from campaign in your mission according to the progress of the mission.
Sorry for my bad English...I'm Italian
Hey! Creator - good to see you're still about the place.

Please don't get me wrong with all I said about repetition, I'm not criticizing anyone because there's nothing at all wrong with using the same town (mission area) over and over.

In reality lots of different things can happen in the same place but it would seem very hard for anyone to be original in this case, especially when you also only have certain words to work with and unless you make your own, that alone is quite restrictive.

It's really things like that which hamper us the most, so trying to find a way of building without them, or very few of them is also a challenge.

If people knew this when they played they might more appreciate the difficulties faced by the mappers in adding direction and drama to the affair.