View Single Post
Old 06-28-2022, 07:36 PM
Baldo_the_Don is offline Baldo_the_Don

Curious, I tried the flick test in my basic mod of DFBHDTS. Looking north, flicking the mouse about 45° to the right with my wrist, I was then looking south-east, about 125°. Flicking the mouse 45° left with my wrist, I was looking west, 90°.

Uh-oh.

Quit the game to come tell you about it, then I thought I should make some screenshots to show off some of the mod stuff, and the data from the flick test, started the game again, made the flicks again, but this time, I was only getting 90° to the right!

Started a different mod with cooler looking sights I made, but the flick test was getting me 90° with 45° of mouse movement.

Hm.

I'm using the no-frills HP mouse that the computer came with. I have the sensitivity slider in the Windows mouse settings right in the center, acceleration on. DPI is not available in any dialog I can find. It's USB, cabled, optical, getting old, and requires frequent repairs. I need a new one, but I also procrastinate, you know?

My mousescale in DFBHDTS and NL games in general is 20.

I swear I was getting 50% more turn to the right that first test, though. I'll keep an eye on this situation.

Edit: OOOHHHH!

SS00002 shows my G36 Baldo's Special pointing north. SS00003 shows what my flick right got me. The spinmap shows I'm looking almost south!

But...

I started the game, got in the mission, the flick right was 90°. However, sometimes, the gamma in my DFBHDTS malfunctions, and I fix that by ALT+TABbing out of the game, then immediately SHIFT+ALT+TABbing right back in. The gamma was bright as I like again (0.7, if you want to know), but I was getting the extra right turn in the flick! When I accessed the armory to get a different weapon, the extra right turn was gone. I should've tested switching to secondary, or pause-unpause, but maybe next time.

I suspect, for some reason, under certain conditions, the game fails to deactivate mouse acceleration, but only to the right.

Tests on the up-down axis should be considered.

Edit again: In a completely different mod, confirmed ALT+TABbing out and back causes extra right turn. Selecting secondary ineffective. Attaching to an emplaced ineffective. Accessing the armory is effective, with or without making changes in loadout.

Flicking up and down was inconclusive.

I'm thinking that at some point between starting the game and spawning in mission, the game deactivates mouse acceleration. ALT+TABbing reactivates it, and the game doesn't catch that reactivation 'til the mouse is disconnected from player movement, like accessing the armory.

Why does it only affect right flicks? NeverLogic!

Perhaps test deactivating mouse acceleration in the system settings before starting the game, or have you tried that already?

Last Edit?: After deactivating mouse acceleration in the system settings, I could not reproduce the extra right turn. Also, flicking the mouse 45° got me 45° in game. Felt sluggish. Hm.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SS00002.jpg (451.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg SS00003.jpg (365.6 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by Baldo_the_Don; 06-28-2022 at 08:46 PM.