View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 10:18 PM
skinny killer is offline skinny killer
HappyGoLucky

Send a message via Yahoo to skinny killer
ahh there's more to it then that Chrispy..........

it depends on how you map really.

Example, lots of new items open new design ideas. of course.

but you also have new options like armories, which I've used in all of my maps. and the ability to re spawn right into moving vehicles.

better weapon balances. in DFX1, you could take out whole armies that had even bigger guns then you with a single clip of ammo. DFX2 has more hit points on the enemies so it's not a one shot one kill game. it takes 1 shot to the head to kill and two shots if you hit the body. which to me is more realistic. 1ST shot breaks up the body armor, 2ND shot kills.

some fixed bugs, remember that really annoying bug where you would restart the map and lose all vehicle and environment sounds? it's fixed. there's some other fixed bugs too. can't remember them right off the top of my head tho....

ALL NEW very beautiful looking environments.

It has the AI soldiers from JO along with the civilians. it also has some cool Desert and snow versions of the friendly bots. along with a hostage.

Vehicles from Joint ops. also a new drivable dump truck.

New WAC commands.

of course you get some cool new terrains.

They replaced the missing items that would show up as re X's in DFX1.

some new foliage. with some useful SNOW tree groups.

Lots of new useful WAVE files.

lots of new sound markers, plus they fixed the sound markers that didn't work in DFX1.

A VERY cool new measuring tool in the utilities. it's basically a marker that you place, you open it's settings and enter the length you want and it will measure that exact length.

Got some SAM missile launchers that the bots can attach to and shoot stingers at choppers.

hell even the graphics and lighting look better.

DFX2 is just about everything DFX1 should have been in the first place.

Need I say more?

Last edited by skinny killer; 08-15-2009 at 10:59 PM.