View Single Post
Old 06-05-2022, 07:13 PM
Baldo_the_Don is offline Baldo_the_Don

Okay, get this...

Some testing got me the idea that the fence you see in the screenshot is 5m from post to post.

The math says that 5m is how wide 3° is at about a 95.5m radius.

I gave the M4 in the screenshot 6x zoom. Took it to the construction site on the Gulf of Oman map. At the north end of the pool is a longish rail. Took position south of the first post on the west end of the rail. Faced north, went prone, set the crosshair on the left edge of the first post, then adjusted position on the north-south axis 'til the left edge of the sixth post was touching the edge of the screen. When I ADS, the left edge of the second post touches the edge of my screen. 6x zoom confirmed. See attached screenshots.

So, having some decently confirmed test conditions, I call your attention back the screenshot with the 5m/3° fence. The horizon I drew is a fairly accurate 3°, and knowing how many pixels wide I drew one degree (60px), I could math up the width of the chevron (5.53px) and the ranging hashes.

The vertical placement of the hashes is fudged, yeah, but they're fudged methodically. And I think I drew the 4 too large, but I don't know...

Basically, I'm claiming to have more nearly achieved actual ACOGgity with this modification. This is not a FAKE-OG!

Edit: Did some more testing and made the 100m, 200m, and 300m zeroes more accurate. 400m zero seems a bit low, but it's hard to test that thoroughly and may be unfixable without reducing bullet velocity since drag doesn't seem to be thing in this game. 500m to 800m zeroes are fudged. Also tweaked alpha levels and chevron colors trying to make it more easily visible on any background.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BF2_ACOG.jpg (479.1 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg BF2_Default_zoom.jpg (506.7 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg BF2_6x_zoom.jpg (506.7 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg ACOG_A.jpg (273.0 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg ACOG_B.jpg (270.3 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg ACOG_C.jpg (242.1 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg ACOG_D.jpg (285.0 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by Baldo_the_Don; 06-06-2022 at 03:51 AM.