View Single Post
Old 03-21-2003, 02:53 PM
KeepinItReal is offline KeepinItReal

Smile WHY RANKING DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING

OK...a lot of people like to try and brag about how good they are by announcing their rank in a game. This is why ranking doesn't prove anything:

1) You get more points for doing simple tasks such as healing or returning flags. I have finished games with over 30 kills and less than 10 deaths only to be outranked by someone who had less than 10 kills and over 30 deaths. Their high scores come from flags and healing. Try to capture and hold a spawn point for an entire game and you'll see the difference in your ranking.

2) The oldest problem in the game, lag. Everyone knows what lag is and what it does, and whether you like it or not it does effect your ranking.

3) You're only as good as the team that supports you. If your team plays well they make it easier for you to play well also. If your team is getting pushed around it means you have to work 10 times as hard to carry their weight. This is a team game folks, and it's a lot easier to kill an enemy if your team mates are killing them also.

As a footnote...I may or may not be buying this game. It's not that I don't have fun playing. It's just that I don't have fun playing with lots of immature people who always seem to make it their purpose in life to ruin a good thing...