Thread: [DFBHD] Baldo's New M60 Sight
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2022, 01:42 PM
Oscarmike247 is offline Oscarmike247

Ok so slight goof on my part...

first off, I edited the wrong ammo.DEF (had another one open), oops. So the above info is from different values, therefore is irrelevant.

Second, I was using a BC calculator (from the link below) to get the BC value. But I was inputting the diameter as .308, no considering that the actual barrel is slightly smaller than the bullet (so the bullet is a different diameter after exiting the muzzle) so you have to calculate it based on this measurement.

http://gundata.org/ballistic-coefficient-calculator/

The M24 has a muzzle bore diameter around 0.299 or 0.300. So recalculating the BC with this diameter on a 175 gr boat tail projectile, you get a BC of 0.445.

Used the ballistic calculator again with the new BC value and got a drop of 229.8cm as a G1 projectile, and 182.4cm as a G7.

Plugged that into the game and shot a group from 500m with a 100m zero. Shot group is right at 225cm below point of aim (center target), which is pretty accurate to the calculators predictions.

So again, seems as though the game is calculating everything as if it was a G1 projectile and not a G7 boat tail shaped bullet.