Thread: [DFBHD] Baldo's New M60 Sight
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2022, 12:43 PM
Oscarmike247 is offline Oscarmike247

Here is what I use when capturing stills to make sight graphics. Just edited one of the market buildings, made the inside green, and gave the green material a selflum shader so that it is always the same shade regardless of lighting.

Also, because it uses interior lighting, you get ambient light on your model instead of directional from the sun, so it keeps the shading on the model consistent. Also, this allows you to adjust the color and amount of light via WAC "ceiling(R,G,B)" command.

No more tediously cutting out the background for your sight pictures. just get your screenshot, preferably in BMP format, and use color select in what ever image editor you're using to select all green pixels and remove your background with one click.

I have attached a ZIP with the 3DI and textures for the green room if you want to use it. of course you'll have to make a items.def entry for it.

NOTE: when using this, you'll need to turn off "Frame effects" in your games video settings. Otherwise, you'll get the light glow around your model from the selflum shader. I also recommend turning of Antialiasing so the edges of your model are are not blended to the greenscreen. But if it is, no big deal, just use 'color to alpha' in your image editor instead of color select to get your alpha channel.

Also works well for viewing particle effects.

Attached Files
File Type: zip Bld_GnRm.zip (69.0 KB, 1 views)