View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008, 04:49 AM
CajNatalie is offline CajNatalie

I'm afraid with Delta Force 2, it's nowhere near that simple.
If you paint the map a 'solid color,' you actually get a convoluted scattering of the wrong characters.

For just one map, there are characters for grass, desert, grass bordering desert, grass bordering desert at another angle, and another angle, and another angle, desert bordering cement at hundreds of angles. There are even multiple characters for the same thing, so for grass there's about 6 to 10 different characters that the same map uses.

So somehow, whoever made the stock maps for DF2, must've really needed to know what they were doing... I mean, if you open one up you'll see that rock faces are the most confusing, because they aren't even a single color, but more like a static confusion of red, green, and blue tones.

Just putting in some simple grass doesn't look too difficult, since the stock grass in the _m.pcx files just looks like a spraypaint effect of blue, but after that...
@_@

Edit: I just tried using the spraypainted blue effect (using the dropper tool to get the exact same blue), and somehow I get a map full of solid concrete.
That shows just how complicated this is.
<_<

Last edited by CajNatalie; 07-18-2008 at 05:26 AM.