Thread: [DFBHD] FYI for map makers!
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2019, 06:20 PM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
I can see null items and there wasn't any plus map tester picks up nulls. I would guess it would be a ssn.

You said: You can also try "clean up ssns" to rectify incorrect or deleted ssn numbers instead. How do you do that?

I know when I copied and paste it to a new mis it creates new ssns that's why I knew then something was corrupt in the old mis file.
I guess they don't always show up,

The mis is human readable script and probably hard to corrupt in the usual manner, ie when encryption or translation is involved etc, though I guess it's not impossible

Usually it's the build in some way, lot's of alterations can cause coherency to be lost (it get's bugged out) so cleaning up ssns with the tool provided can correct this.

To find it open the MEd and look to the top menu for TOOLS - click that and the menu will drop down and you'll see Cleanup SSNs.

* Don't forget that any Waypoint 125 directives manually set in the AI property sheets will need to be corrected to the new SSN numbers... also any SSN commands in the WAC if you use one.

Last edited by Guest001; 10-22-2019 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Add Ifo