Thread: Skins!! help
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2006, 01:18 AM
-8.0- is offline -8.0-

skins are easy. im actually looking for a place to upload my weapon skins on novahq. all you do is extract it to a seperate folder named "skins" (doesnt matter what its named) you will want a seperate folder because you will fill it very fast.

once you have something that will open .dds files you can begin to edit. if your using photoshop use the blending modes so you get all the little scratches and dings that are in the original skin.

just dont lay something over it and let it go. play with it and arange it. some things shouldnt have skins like the barrels, scopes etc. stuff that would be camo like stocks, grips, would be good for custom skins

once youve done that save it as the exact same file name. it will want to make a copy but just delete the copy part and hit save. then put the file in your bhd folder. do what novadude said about the /d at the end of your target. dont forget you have them installed! i forgot i had some installed and tried to join a no skin server and was wondering why i kept getting punted