Thread: vB Forum Skin
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2009, 09:26 PM
EDGE is offline EDGE

Send a message via ICQ to EDGE Send a message via AIM to EDGE Send a message via Yahoo to EDGE
Quote:
Originally Posted by varg View Post
I'm guessing that the 'Brandzone' and 'Dell' boxes are meant for ads/sponsors, the Dell boxes are very (read: too) dominating, but again you did not mention if there are restrictions put on the design as far as adsize+placement goes. So maybe this is something you can't decide yourself.
Yeah, right now I am just expirementing with the ad placements and sizes. When I started designing the sponsors boxes, I started out small and will probably revert to that design, but I wanted them to stick out and catch everyone's eyes. I think I made a mistake in doing that though. I'll see where I go and post a new update here soon.

Quote:
The blue "go to top" icons on the right side should be customized to fit the overall colortemplate better.
A work in progress I've not yet converted all the images over yet. Actually, I haven't even messed with any of the actual buttons yet, just the main skin as far as graphics and colors go.

Quote:
The footer is something like 8 lines long, much because of the timezone and the space before it. This could be improved.
To be fixed...I had it shortened and all in a footer box which will most likely be fixed and reverted back to the original footer I had set. It looked a lot better and fit the template better.

Quote:
My major concern with your design now, is that it looks like you haven't decided IF you want to use rounded corners or not. This makes the overall design feeling a bit messy. I don't mean that you either have to use rounded corners *everywhere or *nowhere. But if you use them, make sure to be a little consequent with them. the radius of the corner of the category header is imho too big. And I think each category should have rounded corners on the bottom aswell. similar to the dell boxes.
Very true. When I started the template I wanted round corners, but my mind wanders a lot when I'm in photoshop and the header image warped into square corners. I will most likely stick with the square corners and change the forum category images to square corners. Oh, and I am also working on images for the bottom of the forum categories

Thanks for the comments though. As I stated in my first post, it's in very early stages and I don't expect it to be finished for a while. I am planning on designing it and putting it up for sale, but I'm not positive yet.