Thread: vB Forum Skin
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2009, 08:10 PM
varg is offline varg

Send a message via ICQ to varg
It's a bit difficult to provide good feedback without knowing more about the project, but..
My first impression of it is quite good. I really like the "racing colors" with the brighter yellow/orange adding some nice dynamic to darker background.

I'm guessing that the 'Brandzone' and 'Dell' boxes are meant for ads/sponsors, the Dell boxes are very (read: too) dominating, but again you did not mention if there are restrictions put on the design as far as adsize+placement goes. So maybe this is something you can't decide yourself.

The blue "go to top" icons on the right side should be customized to fit the overall colortemplate better.
The footer is something like 8 lines long, much because of the timezone and the space before it. This could be improved.

My major concern with your design now, is that it looks like you haven't decided IF you want to use rounded corners or not. This makes the overall design feeling a bit messy. I don't mean that you either have to use rounded corners *everywhere or *nowhere. But if you use them, make sure to be a little consequent with them. the radius of the corner of the category header is imho too big. And I think each category should have rounded corners on the bottom aswell. similar to the dell boxes.

I think you are off to a very good start, it just needs to be tightened a little bit.

MapMakersHeaven.org is currently down, but she will be re-born in 2010!