View Single Post
Old 06-28-2022, 08:32 PM
mg is offline mg

Thanks a bunch for that, it's pretty nice to know I'm not bonkers.

For reference at 4:3 default FOV (I've read 80 hfov somewhere), 800 DPI, I've settled on a mousescale of 13h (19d). Virtually identical to you then, although it didn't occur to me to account for my Windows setting (it's a shame the game doesn't use raw input!) which is also at the default of 10 (middle), but no acceleration.

That last point is interesting too, gamers who use mouse accel would be naturally less impacted by this (flicks would be physically shorter by nature) and I think it might have been enabled by default on Windows in the past (and maybe still is!) so many people might have been using it and gotten used to it.

Sidenote: if you ever want to re-train yourself to play without accel, I recommend it. I found it's an easy way for most people to be more accurate: because the movements you learn to do on the mouse pad always produce the same distance in-game, you typically become better at reproducing them exactly and consistently (think of how difficult it is to move your arm/wrist at a precisely identical speed every time, as opposed to moving it the same distance only).

Oh and don't look too hard for software DPI settings, it's typically a device-specific thing (on my FK1+ I have a dedicated button to switch that setting). Depending on the mouse a proprietary driver might offer to change the setting through a proprietary app, but that's never a guarantee.

Finally, I apologize if I've ruined it a bit for you haha, I hope it's not one of those "now I can't unsee it" things.