Thread: [DFBHD] Baldo's New M60 Sight
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2022, 01:54 PM
Baldo_the_Don is offline Baldo_the_Don

I think this might be the final design. Maybe.

The chevron is zeroed at 100m. It's as wide as a target at 100m, shoulder to shoulder (19", or 48.26cm for us in civilization [the math says 6.8 pixels]), and it's as tall as a 1.7m target at 300m (although, working with the resolutions I'm dealing with, the math made it clear that targets of any height between 1.7m and 1.8m will give me a chevron height of a bit more or a bit less than 8 pixels).

I'm enjoying it so far.

You might be wondering what's the point of short-range grenade launcher accuracy enhancement, but then you're stuck behind a rock 35m from a bunker full of .50 cals hell-bent on your perforation, you're down to one last round for your M203, and if you could just get it through a window in that box of annoyingly loud heavy MGs, you could end all the noise and relax a bit. That's when you'll wonder if maybe Baldo didn't have a decent idea with the short-range GDC reticle, especially with the 16° lean branches.

Happens to me all the time, you know?

Edit: Realizing now that with the chevron zeroed at 100m (by drawing it 2 pixels under the boresight), it makes aiming the range display tricky (a lesson I'd forgotten from my adventures with the G36 special reticle). I'll have to revert that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SFOD_M4-M203_GDC_3.jpg (347.5 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg SFOD_G36V_Special_Day.jpg (447.0 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by Baldo_the_Don; 02-15-2022 at 04:57 AM.