Thread: [DFBHD] Baldo's New M60 Sight
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2022, 03:04 PM
Baldo_the_Don is offline Baldo_the_Don

This one is mostly useless and inauthentic, but it looks great.

The inside of the center ring is 1 degree, which is a little less than man-height at 100m. The rangefinder is for 80m, 60m, 40m, and 20m, so it's pretty much a joke, but it's a fairly accurate one. The crosses are arbitrarily placed, and about half a degree in size, but the lowest one is actually area-accurate at 3600m, which is not significant for anything but one map that I have. I wish I did that on purpose, but it was coincidental.

The thing about sights vs scopes in DFBHD is that weapons edited to be sighted ADS at a fixed magnification of around 1.25x, and the G36 reticle needs at least 4x to be functional (ACOGs have the same problem). Of course, you can get 4x if you edit the weapon to be scoped, but then you can't use custom reticles. All the documentation I could find states the inside of the center ring on the G36 reticle is supposed to be 1.75m wide at 400m. A man-height-at-400m-inner-ring diameter at 1.25x magnification is about 3.6 pixels at 1024x768 game resolution (my preference 'cause that's DFBHD's HUD layout resolution). I did what I could with this reticle, though. I don't hate it.

Personally, I think this reticle obscures the target at distance more than I like, and I might try to fix that another time, but it's kind of fun for now. The illumination might be a bit too dim at the moment, too.

We'll see.

.PNG screenshots for clarity.
Attached Images
File Type: png G36B_Day.png (775.1 KB, 31 views)
File Type: png G36B_Night.png (316.0 KB, 26 views)
File Type: png G36B_NVG.png (299.6 KB, 25 views)