View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 06:29 PM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

Call Of Duty MW3

Reviewed on GameArena

MW3 is basically an overpriced expansion pack for MW2, and not worth the money they charge for the game.

Matchmaking with friends on Live, doesn't really, well work...

There are no real new innovations to the game itself, and it even looks like they haven't even refined the IWEngine, just repackaged it.

I feel let down, and F$$#@D royally and basically have the impression that this release was nothing more than revenue grabbing... Make the game cheap as, and maximise.

I'm also in the mindset that I would prefer to play Black Ops than MW3
So angry with how much this game cost, and how little it delivers.

It feels clunky, there's marginal improvements over MW2, and looks like the first hacks are already out.

(Oh look, already on sale at several outlets, why did I preorder?)

The game itself isn't bad, but it belongs in 2007, not 2011. Throw in the immature playerbase, and the game's just not fun.

All hype, no delivery. It looks like Activision spent more money paying off review sites and promoting the game, than on developers for the game.

Lost faith in review sites, thought it would be a good game going by all the 9.5 and 10 scores, but this game's going to be forgotten very very soon.

When it comes to the Fight between MW3 and BF3, it is a really technical battle.

For story I'm sure MW3 will take the cake as it has a long line of previous campaigns to keep it on its feet. But
BF3 came in this round with a wild haymaker that connected well with it's "Tarintino" style story, Amazing cinematics and brand new game engine compared to MW3's Game engine that has pretty much been the same since COD 4 give or take a few upgrades.... Old Software New patches... like Having Windows XP in 2011 it's stable sure... but it's still ridiculously out of date and won't get far when it comes to innovation.

I played BF3 first obviously because it was released earlier, and was amazed at the cheeky new game engine glistening in the light like a diamond in the rough, shooting enemies cover away so i could feed them lead easier, large scale combat zones, Immersive audio and beautiful scenery. While it had a few bugs sure, they are always bound to happen in new software but it was all quickly forgiven with it's sheer genius of it all.

I played MW3 a mere few minutes ago and was so sorely disappointed, the enemies moved around like wooden cut-outs and dropped so suddenly with little to no ragdoll effects at all and it sounded like I was playing a game from 2004 with the horrible sound effects... cover was in-penetrable and at the start I was in a room full of glass and found it entertaining to shoot the glass displays like ducks at a range... alas I had the horrible thought to think that shooting the glass on the roof would aid in killing my foe... Nay. it was glass made from the magical dwarfs of middle earth that was nigh unbreakable.

So i played another hour and was so sorely disappointed when **** didn't break, fall over or explode.

Other critics give it 10/10 or 9/10 simply because if they don't then they'll be stoned and whipped in public for being "too picky" but f#*$ that.

I give BF3 9.5/10 simply because of the bugs it loses 0.5 but that is all fixable. where-as MW3 gets a measly 4/10, lack of immersion, predictable story, ***** sound and unrealistic fire fights left me with a lump in my throat like a half swallowed penicillin when you just want it to go away.