View Single Post
Old 08-07-2020, 05:30 AM
Baldo_the_Don is offline Baldo_the_Don

There was a sci-fi show when I was a kid called Space: 1999. I remembered the blobby-domed architecture of everything, the lunar landscape, the lady that could turn into any form of life she knew instantly, at will, the deadliness of chlorine gas, and Martin Landau. Also how I felt when the math worked out and I realized I'd be thirty years old in 1999! That's about the age of everyone in this show! I thought the future would be so cool.

Here we are in 2020. My favorite video game's community site is near the end of its second decade. I'm way too old to attempt astronauting, a profession that itself is considered archaic for tax reasons. We're in the early stages of a quiet, plodding apocalypse that will end so many of us due to the stubborness of the badly educated to accept that anti-contagion measures are not political oppression. And I'm pulling back on the stick right now, 'cause these thoughts are going nowhere good.

Happy birthday, NovaHQ. I really hope you have many more, and that we're all here to celebrate them (no, Don, pull the stick back!).

Last edited by Baldo_the_Don; 08-07-2020 at 06:17 PM.