Thread: DVD Drive
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 12:27 AM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
DVD Drive

It's in, successfully. Way easier than the graphics card and RAM. I'll post a photo in the future (on a photo camera with a film, which needs to be processed and put on disc).

Only thing I had to do was take the old one out and add the new one in, and set the drive's priority to master (as said recommended in the manual, and it was master on the old one).

It's fairly new too, to my suprise. It was made this year (March) and can read all craploads of formats. DVD, DVD-DL, DVD-ROM, DVD-RAM, DVD-RW, you name it.

LiteOn 20x DVD E-IDE drive I believe.

I also found Windows XP needed activation in 3 days after I added the drive in (unusual). I was thinking I'd need the key for activation, and I've no idea where the key is (I could've used a key recovery app anyway). Luckily, activation took only a quarter of a minute, without the need for a key.

I think the motherboard might be starting to show its age too. I have four USB slots in, one is used for the mouse, and another slot is used for the headset. Funny thing is, is that when I plugged the headset into one slot, the volume on the headset was real low and couldn't be increased. Now, it's happened to another slot, so I've only got one reliable slot left to have loud volume on. Oh, and when I plugged one of my thumb drives into one of the USB slots, the computer wouldn't even read it too...
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black