Thread: [BHD:TS] Uncap framerate
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2022, 09:58 PM
Baldo_the_Don is offline Baldo_the_Don

I'm 99% percent sure the animations in DFBHDTS are clocked at 60 fps. I mess around with fire rates quite a bit in my mods, and although the speed and lengths of the animations are hard-coded, if you don't mind slight breaks in the animations and take a few ticks off the reload delaystart and delayend entries, you get things moving a little more briskly.

Some weapons need delaystart and delayend tweaks. Reloads usually have a numerical delaystart value, and the delayend is auto, meaning the ammo count does not change and you cannot switch weapons 'til the delaystart is over, and you cannot fire until the reload animation finishes. The one weapon or the other has messed up reload animations where a stupidly long pause is included after everything's done, and if you don't delayend with a number, players will get angry. I do.

Also, if you shorten the delaystart and delayend on the Remington's recoil action, you can get a nice bump up in the fire rate, even if the animation looks janky.

Would I notice a 4 frame difference, though? I can't garantee that, even though I have done firing rate tests with a stopwatch, with all the care I could muster. Do you know something I don't?