Thread: PS2 vs. X-box
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2003, 08:51 PM
BOne is offline BOne

Send a message via ICQ to BOne Send a message via Yahoo to BOne
Cool da bottom line

pros and cons are available for each formats even the pc has a few faults,as far as the xbox goes i think it has a few very good options and features, contrary to popular belief it does play DVD tight out of the box,but wont play copied discs, but then again neither will the PS2 without the chip,the xbox has fewer games but the graphics engine is better and the frame rate on the xbox is a little faster than the ps2,but with the amount of games that the ps2 has that have really good graphics such as gran turismo, tekken to only name a few the graphics are like red apples and green apples, they both realy look good for a console format. The downfall to both systems is in order to play multiplayer you must have a broadband connection, and if you have a broadband connection and cant send an email that makes no sense. the controller for the ps2 is much easier to use and handle but the xbox small controllers work really well. the XBOX is a microsoft product ( obviously ) so needless to say its exponetionally expandable where the ps2 is not. soon the xbox will be able to do the same things as your pc ( to a point ). the best part of the PS2 format is that you can still play PS1 games. online both games play relatively well with the exception (as far as i know) you cant host games on either format. earlier i said pc's had a gameing draw back, the only drawback to pc gameing is to stay competitve you have to stay upgraded and that costs money and the games are a little more expensive than console games,sometimes its hard for a gamer to shell out 59.95 for a pc game when i can game for 29.95 and i dont have to buy that new videocard to see the game properly.all in all it all depends on how much money you wanna spend...how much time your willing to spend researching the gameing format you wanna go to or game you currently play.i own a PS2 a XBOX , and a 5 pc gameing network on dsl so ive played all the formats in question and i like em all..pc gameing is the ultimate gameing experience with surround sound and all..but when your friends are over theres nothing better than whippin his ass in madden or a fighting game face to face and the pc has NO cool raceing formats which is the best head up game you can play on a console in my opinion besides fighting and sports.so rent a xbox play it...then rent a ps2 play it, see for your self the pros and cons of each then get back on your pc when your ready to game with the big boys