Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
Re: The world's easiest solution for cheaters

Quote:
Originally posted by FirestormAUS
It's really quite simple:

1) STOP WHINGING ABOUT CHEATERS - we KNOW they piss everyone off

2) HOST YOUR OWN GAME, or join a squad that's got at least 1 member with the pc-power to host a game

3) ASK THEM TO STOP CHEATING, and tell them their score will be disregarded for that game

4) WARN THEM they'll be punted if they continue

5) PUNT THEIR SORRY ARSE out the door

If they don't come back after that, then so much the better.
If they come back in and don't cheat, then it's also worked.
If, however, they come in and persist with their cheating, then repeat steps 4 and 5.
If that still doesn't work and they come back in a 3rd time, and STILL they insist on cheating, then BAN THEM!!!

If all else fails, wait til the person is punted/banned, inform the other players you're setting up a PASSWORD GAME, then do so and close the public game.

If you're so paranoid about cheaters, then get ICQ or some other messenger service and only inform people you trust, before setting up a password game.

FINAL NOTE: I thought LW was supposed to be played by people who (at the very least) act like adults, and play in an adult environment, so stop whining like a bunch of kids and HAVE FUN, or uninstall the damn game and give the CD to someone who WILL.
nice post Firestorm, punting is the only way unless punkbusters help out.

Quote:
Originally posted by CrazyPara
And who are you to tell us we're whiners? you sound like a cheater to me, we don't all wanna run our own public servers or password games, we wanna have fun on the Nova servers. You have seen the poll now beat it! Damn ass wipe
Crazy this post is out of order. he gives suggestions and his own viewpoint and u come out with stuff like that! AUS is a respected squad and are nice ppl, i dont want them to consider DF-HQ a place where they are not welcome.