Thread: Cod:MW3 & STEAM
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 10:10 PM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave61 View Post
Just to let everyone know ...

You need a high end card to play COD:MW 3 successfully on the native/normal settings !

I have experienced card shutdown and the BSOD with my Nvidia 9600 GT.

Be warned before you buy and attempt to play.
Bad news Dave, what settings have you found that work.
One thing you could try is in the Nvidia control Panel change to advanced settings and you can manually adjust Texture, anti-alias and more settings manually on a per application basis instead of the general "Let application decide" setting on the main screen.
I don't have an Nvidia anymore but remember you can do this and I helped a mate get crysis 2 running that way, when before it would crash. Just try to do one at a time and so it can take a while. If the game doesn't show up in the program list you can browse to it. To find the panel if it is not in the system tray go to control panel and you can find the Nvidia Control Panel there.
PS
For example only: It could that Shader level 3 is asked for by the game and so you may have to set to Shader level 2, trilinear filtering and texture compression levels. This is a way of customising the card's capabilities with respect to that game only and will not affect the Desktop or other apps so don't give up on it yet.