Thread: France!
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2005, 03:16 PM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Cool

Don't get me wrong when I critisize the French government I served with French troops as part of Nato and they were and remain some of the finest soldiers in the world but the attitude of the French government on issues such as Iraq concerns me greatly.

If we ever get into another shooting war on a scale similar to the sencond war, (god forbid), I have grave doubts that the French governemnt would commit it's whole hearted support to fighting such a war.

France stood apart from Nato but had the reasurance of the American nuclear umbrella while they did so. Drawing benefit from being under that umbrella during the cold war the French government did what it wanted and ignored the needs of it's friends and allies.

It has been repsonsible together with Germany for the creation of the Eurpoean Economic Community but it had to try and take that further with it's attempts to create a Euorpean superstate which recent events have proven beyond doubt is not the wish of the vast majority of Europeans including ironically enough the French people themselves.

Regards and C'est La vie