Thread: God or No god?
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2003, 10:27 PM
Alcide is offline Alcide

Send a message via ICQ to Alcide Send a message via AIM to Alcide Send a message via Yahoo to Alcide
All religions to me is a metaphore for hope. Our society is based on hope, technology, and growing. Without these, we are doomed. Imagine what people will do when they find out that their is no heaven.

Then again, I believe in hell. Hell, in my opinion is not fire and brimstone. To me, it is darkness, lonelyness, absolute silence, no love... nothing. That, to me, is worse then being burned for eternity. About 2 years ago I was helping my 7 year old cusin clean his tree house. I actcidently tripped and fell, ending up hitting my head on a stumped 1.5 stories down. I couldnt see, or feel anything. Finally about 10 seconds later I can see my uncle greg doing something to my back and head. Then the feeling returned and I heard him say that "I've been dead for about 6 mins." And I trust is observation sence he was a field medic during gulf war.

What happened to heaven, or the fires of hell? I didnt see anything. Which is why I say my definition of hell is not fire, or brimstone. but pure nothing.

My opinon