View Single Post
Old 04-11-2003, 10:23 PM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx
Its a coin with two sides.
In BF1942 my squad and I play on servers that have autoswitch turned off.
You often find people leaving a server in team based maps because their team is losing.
In BF1942 there is nothing worse than suddenly being killed off to join the team you have been a large part of owning.

The opportunity to do it in order to manage the problem in game might be offered though. Its not hard code. It would be nice also if you could have the server balance them out in transition between maps.

As far as maps too big and crappy to play on, the maps you talk about are stock and stuck in the game unless you are ok with extracting them out of the file they are complied in.

I messages Chancellor yesterday and he is on the verge of publishing the map manager the DF community so desperatley needs. The good news is it should be soon, the better news is that he is trying to incorporate directory management so you dont have to flood your BHD root with hundreds of BMS in order to have a fully functional service.
The really nice news is that all this has been delayed cos hes just become a Daddy.

As far as this type of 3rd party prog goes, Chancellor was always the daddy anyhow.

In the meantime I have usef Ravens .PFF extractor to delete all non-customs so I can run my server more or less how I want.

Dont despair matey, the tools are coming for decent map managment. By the end of the month your job will be to look for a server with a decent rotation and stick with it.

Ahh the heady days of LW, 'I See Elvis'