View Single Post
Old 03-26-2003, 01:11 PM
BMB is offline BMB

BHD Full version" Hosting problems ????

Been hosting and testing the full version since release , and there has been some problems with the game so far that i can't explain why its doing it.

The first problem that i encountered was when hosting a dedicated server hosting "TDM" and playing on another pc hooked to the same network.After playing and hosting for quite some time without minimal problems , i decided i needed a break when i came back the server had locked up and wasn't hosting anymore ??

Now this happened twice each time after i left the server from my other pc that i came back to find that the server stopped . The other problem that i encountered was dial-up players were being punted out automatically when their ping was to high.The first time that one of my friends was auto punted on a dial-up connection we were the only two people in the server and it was after i shot him that he couldn't respawn and then was punted.

Does anyone have any suggestions to what can be changed with the game settings ??? Or is this a bug that we have to wait until Nova decides that there needs to be an update ??

I was hosting 16 players on a dedicated server , and i should be able to with the cable connection that i have here's the results of a recent test that i did on my connection

2003-03-24 22:53:30 EST: 1027 / 449
Your download speed : 1027306 bps, or 1027 kbps.
A 125.4 KB/sec transfer rate.
Your upload speed : 449185 bps, or 449 kbps.
Seems like broadband .. above the 1mbit barrier!