Thread: [DFBHD] Baldo's New M60 Sight
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2024, 10:30 PM
Baldo_the_Don is offline Baldo_the_Don

In this post a while ago, I played around with the idea for a BDC lens insert for the MP5 front post. That was a fun experiment with three illuminated chevrons, but yesterday, it occurred to me that Trijicon's RTR 9mm PCC reticle might also be useful for this, and the next thing you know:

It's an adaptation of the PCC. The blueprints Trijicon offers aren't wrong about how wide the hashes should be, but the values are generous, or possibly for imperial measurements. I redrew it for metric, and tested the drops, and as long as you leave the elevation at 100m, it works like a charm out to 350m.

Trying to find some information on how accurate the weapon should be, I found a post in a forum somewhere with a shooter talking about getting quarter-sized groups at 25 yds, 'cause americans will use any measurements except metric, and I went with figuring out what an error of 24.26mm at 22.86m would be, which gave me a prone, sighted error of 0.030, or 3.65 moa groups.

Honestly, I feel the FOV through the MP5's front post hood's a bit too tight to be optimal, but I'm having fun.

That's it for now, edits pending.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SFOD_MP5SD_PCC.jpg (188.7 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by Baldo_the_Don; 05-13-2024 at 10:44 PM.