View Single Post
Old 10-26-2015, 10:19 PM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldo_the_Don View Post
I also get the impression that a lot of things that look like mistakes are experiments. Like how high can a technical drop without exploding on impact? 18m for sure, but 20m is too high.

Also, some technicals will move if set to 8 kmh patrol/combat speed, but other technicals will not move at all.

I knew that if you want to detach an AI from the minigun in a BH, you can redirect it to WP 0-0, but I was not aware that redirecting to the BH's SSN (WP 125-SSN) would do the same thing.

The insert BH breaks its insertion approach to orbit an enemy position if that position is not cleared on the first attempt. The orbit allows for mop up. I think that's good BH work, but I noticed that if you still miss an enemy after the first orbit, the BH still returns to the approach. I tweaked the events so that as long as the position is still hot, the BH continues orbiting, and only returns to approach once the positon is cleared. "Reset has visited flags" is a neat command to have in this case.

I really appreciate the experience and planning I see in this map.
Yes there are a few errors - some that occur when pasting and other items which are just placed there ready for construction.

IE the sky lights
If you can find where to put them on the embassy I'd appreciate it.

It took a long time working out how to place the embassy basement correctly.

The stairwells are properly accessible and Tunnels can also be attached.

After your comments I've decided to go further with the "Work In Progress".

I'm doing this without BIN and/or WAC because of the difficulty I imagine some users may have adding /d to the command line to run them.

At least as far as I understand it, that's what you have to do unless you pack the files and it's still not exactly straight forward running a mod.

Perhaps we can cooperate in a mission to create some scenario based templates for new BHD mappers.

It wouldn't be right to make them learn the hard way like others have in the past - it takes years, we can accelerate that time by making specific missions with clear descriptions and event layouts.

Your particular expertise in BHD AI and your ability to trouble-shoot maps would be invaluable.

Are you interested?

I've started updating the map but would be willing to incorporate all you fixes and suggestions so far.

EDIT NOTE:

RE: Rest has visited flags - In this case I actually had them in but then removed them to speed things up a bit and the enemy perimeter is vaporized later but if you think it may appear off the mark to the player then I guess they should be back in...

Last edited by Guest001; 10-27-2015 at 01:35 AM.