View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 06:50 AM
Baldo_the_Don is offline Baldo_the_Don

Tell you what, Grens... I've spent the last few hours playing ZombieRuinedCityB with the flamethrower, and it confirmed my suspicions: the flamethrower is a really crappy weapon to use if you're alone.

EXACTLY the way I wanted it to be.

I had never tried playing that map with the flamethrower, mainly 'cause I know its parameters as a weapon, and it's been an eye-opener. I kept killing myself and getting killed (I measure my success with the crawling zombies by how much I friggin' HATE those bastards), but being forced to stick with it as my primary to try to reproduce your sysdump, I've developed some strategies for maximizing its effectiveness.

It's also confirmed my suspicions that in coop, the guy with the flamethrower is going to be hated and loved in equal measure by the team. DO NOT GET IN FRONT OF HIM! Let him take the point, and keep him covered!

Anyway, I didn't get any sysdumps, but I'll keep trying. And please accept my thanks for making me get familiar with a weapon I would not normally choose of my own volition.