(Old)
Unregistered

DF:BHD Multi Player Test

Source:Nova-Arena

DF:BHD Multi Player Test

Posted on: 06-12-2002, By king

From Novalogic:

"Hi all.

I know y'all are hankering for some lovely fluffy DF - BHD goodness and I have a little something that might interest you.....

Towards the end of next week, we plan on releasing a time limited MP Test. This is so we can run checks on how our new communications code works.

This will take the form of a downloadable exe. featuring a new map and game style (probably Capture the Flag)

This will be TIME LIMITED and will only be playable for 5 to 7 days. After that we will take it down so we can go away and tinker with it. It will then be part of something new and improved that will be available in Jan.

This is something we want to do with the DF community only. It will not be publicized thru the games media or novalogic.com. The various DF Fan sites will be invited to host the beta and put it thru its paces. After it expires
it will not be back. This is a taste (and a test!) I know I am repeating myself but I want to pre-warn the naysayers who will say 'Why can't you keep it running over Xmas.'

We can't and won't leave this up till the New Year. We want to test it, make notes then pull it down and go away and work on it. There will be rough edges and glitches. That is one of the reasons we will not leave it up.

By the way... did I mention this will be TIME LIMITED?

Cheers y'all

Marcus

Marcus Beer
PR Manager
NovaLogic Inc."