View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 12:45 AM
EDGE is offline EDGE

Send a message via ICQ to EDGE Send a message via AIM to EDGE Send a message via Yahoo to EDGE
Lsass.Blaster.Keylogger

So, as of last night I've been having a serious issue that I cannot figure out. I rebooted my PC to refresh everything and hopefully clear up a little screen lag I was noticing while playing a game. After the boot I notice an icon on my desktop that I've never seen, downloaded, nor installed before. The icon is called PC Tools. When the boot is complete, the icon auto runs and starts a 'scan' of my PC finding roughly 39 infected files that are worms or rogues.

The program appears in my system tray and I can not close it or get rid of it. it also hides all my desktop icons and desktop wallpaper. Every time I open a new program such as google chrome, ventrilo, mozilla thunderbird or anything, I get a popup saying

"Chrome.exe is infected with a worm attempting to steal your credit card information. Click here to remove this infection."

Now, I have no clue where this program came from nor do I know how it has appeared on my desktop. I managed to find the process that was running the program. It was something like 054877651568.exe. I terminated the process and the popups stopped as well as the program. Still, each time I reboot the process restarts and I'm in the same spot.

I've searched the worm in google, but haven't found many resources to fix this issue. I have AVG8.5 set to run a full system scan every morning at 5am and it has not picked up this infection and I've checked through the reports to see if I could find it. I also run CCleaner daily and I am currently running Spybot S&D to see if that will help remove the infection.

I'll see if I can get some screenshots to help.

If anyone has any information on how to fix this issue, please let me know.