View Single Post
Old 11-12-2002, 06:38 PM
Baldo is offline Baldo

Cry

Hello all. First post but i've been working on this same problem. Here's my experiance. I believe in one of the WAC files (i could be wrong) there is a referance to the groups 3 and 4 which represent the original heli groups in the original maps..this may be messing things up. I don't know. If you look at the series of events in that map, there are several "thens" which show as reserve (at least in my editor) and if you look at the mis file, all the ascii commands for those events are identical. I'd say that the bms to mis conversion progy is mis-interpeting those events and are probably something new to BH. I have used groups and SSNs to try and and make a heli or a hummer stop for a short bit then either be triggered or simply return to a waypoint list with no luck. I can get the heli's to land at the last waypoint, but they simply rotor-down and stay put. Alas I resorted to simply making a sort of runway where the heli's skip across the ground for a bit and give the players a chance to hit their "USE GUN" key when they get close to it. It works rather well, but is not the realism I had wished for. New question for ya all though:-) How do you slow down those fast hummers..I've tried lot's of things to no avail. Also, if anyone wants a copy of the helio runway map (Chopper Drop), just email me and I'll send ya the zip.
El Baldo