View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 07:52 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Nope BB I was wrong about that - it's pretty much the same as JO/DFX's. However even though it's the same engine, the new .exe has had a lot added - widescreen support, way better network code, etc. etc.

Basically DFX2 is just a way more balanced and funner version of DFX. Yeah I know it sucks that the same assets are used and the same AI is there (completely re-working the AI would take a crapola-load of time, not to mention there may be certain engine limitations), but just hope the overall gameplay will compensate for that.

When I played Cloak and Dagger it was a pretty alright mission. Like I said, I don't like that environment, and it can look way way better than what it currently looks like (and I know this for a fact because I've seen some kick-ass environments on this same engine).

And of course the weapons are pretty much all nicely balanced, online.
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black