View Single Post
Old 09-20-2008, 08:38 PM
Ice Cannon is offline Ice Cannon

Send a message via ICQ to Ice Cannon
I can't edit my post but here's another interesting post from raven which made me really excited about this release:

Ravens made some new maps I think for DFX, and in a thread where they invited people to test them:

Quote:
KRYTEN (9/16/2008): "i have to ask here andim sure the DFX guys love that sum1 is doing something for there gamebut whatis the point in this? nova only play DFX and got annoyed at there own mistakes or what? seriously im confused"
Quote:
RAVEN: "No worries, it is a little weird that we're choosing to support a casual title - but there are actually three valid reasons for doing so. Only one of which I can discuss, unfortunately. There's interest in prototyping some MP gameplay for DFAF without releasing an actual beta just yet. I want to be fresh on what not to do for MP ( since we've been in R&D for so long ) and DFX is the most currently released codebase. We want to get back to supporting the community again and get some postitive life back into the forums for a bunch of new stuff that will be coming in the near future.

I was thinking about playing with some new content for JO and possibly even BHD as well - which still may happen down the road, but DFX was easier to get new maps out and it boiled down to how much free time we had to dedicate to testing, while still moving forward on other projects.

The DFX maps that have been up on the server are not going to be DFAF maps and the anti-cheat on the server is different than what we have in DFAF."
they're warming themselves up to make great maps by making some new stuff for DFX and maybe JO/BHD. And then there'll be a beta. They want to suppor the community more. AND!! There is an anticheat