Thread: New website
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2007, 06:11 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
working here, maybe a DNS thing?

looks nice IMHO, certainly looks busy to. (as in content, not clutter).

to be critical i don't really know what the site is focussing on, it seems to be lots of different things - maybe too many things.

i don't think the navigation is very clear, maybe put in breaks between categories, or bold type. example i have no idea what vbPlaza is or the stuff below it is, especially as i have to be logged in to view (mildy annoying). could they be under a header of 'Member Features' or something like that?

check a few spellings to

Genral - General
Consel - Console
finaly - finally
currectly - correctly
updateing - updating
hopfully - hopefully
donwloads - downloads

just from the nav and the top news post alone :/

A link to the whole forum at the top would be nice to

Do you think you need the Recent Threads section in the middle of the main page? because of the format i think it takes up way too much space and just on the initial view of the page, i cant actually see any news. i just see lots of space taken up by mostly empty space and times/dates. (i dont view full screen)

no script errors that i can see - FireFox 2.0.0.2

sry if you dont agree with the things ive said, i know it's rather critical, and if someone said all that stuff to me i would be in a sulk for a week.

i know spelling isn't the be all and end all, and i bet my grammar and spelling in this post sux, but it's just the forum, but if the site is your portfolio like you said then you need to make an effort .

get your squad and 360 squad involved in the site to, they should offer some good support and a good community that will more than likely support you all the way.

good luck with it btw