View Single Post
Old 08-16-2002, 04:06 PM
Wildman GS is offline Wildman GS

Is EXP popular in LW?

Howdy all. Im posting this question on a few message boards.

Not sure if this is even the right place to asked this question but I was just curious about the popularity of EXP in LW. I only have Df2 in that my computer doesnt support LW so I have no idea how popular EXP is in LW.

I have been hosting EXP DF2 A&D games since Dec. with pretty good success. I hosted EXP knife games for over a year prior to last Dec. However, it still amazes me the amount of players who dont know what EXP even is. I'm actually referencing well established squads and their members. Im always getting someone from some well known squad who tries to join and thus cant cause they dont have it d/l.

Also, I have advertised on our normal servers and posted messages on many squad boards to explain what Exp is and where to d/l. The thing I find most amazing is that a couple of the DF2 squads who tout themselves as the best squad with never losing....blah blah blah wont try out Exp. They say not interested. How the heck wouldnt you be interested on playing 10 additional terrains if you been playing this game for over 2 years. The only thing I can think of is that they are afraid that they may not have the large kill/death ratio in that the terrain would be new. I really doubt it's me personally in that I dont have any problems with anyone and I'm told I have some of the best maps around.

Many of those who do play in my EXP server now tell me how awesome it is b/c it is very competitive, fun, no b/s or cheats. They come by now if they ever see it up instead of going to other servers.

As far as I can see Im probably one of only a few that host EXP. I know I am the only to host A&D.

So. Are there many servers in LW who host EXP? If so, are there many players who play in them? Is EXP well excepted and d/l with LW players? Please let me know everyones feedback. I have spent a lot of time promoting EXP and have a good following now. Is there another way to promote it for DF2 that I havent thought of?

Whew.....lol...that ended up a lot longer message than I wanted too....

{HT} website http://www.urbansky.com/ht/