View Single Post
Old 04-01-2006, 03:26 PM
JakeTKD is offline JakeTKD

Send a message via AIM to JakeTKD
How can you be your own person?

Ok... bare with me here.

I was talking about this with my sister, and a thought came to mind. We were talking about what teaches people, and how they learn throughout life.

Now most people learn by parents, family members, friends, TV, radio, school teachers, books and all this is aspired by man.

Well... her argument was if you don't learn by what the Bible says, then you arn't in the right place and you are looking for the wrong things, wrong people and the wrong kind of fun.

NOW I AM NOT TRYING TO OPEN UP A RELIGUS THING HERE, MY MAIN POINT IS THAT... WELL CAN PEOPLE LEARN BY NOTHING?

Take away all the influences being, parents, family members, friends, TV, radio, school teachers and books.

Now what?

How else can we learn?

I don't want to be like people around me, so do I not accept what they teach me? Or friends and so forth?

How can you really be your OWN PERSON without taking 1000 different point of views. So does that make you 1000 different people?

So what difines a man to be his own man? His/Her own life expieriences?

Now I have learned that there is a fine line between knowledge and wisdom.

The dictionary states...

Knowledge: The state or fact of knowing. Familiarity, awareness, or understanding gained through experience or study.

Wisdom: The ability to discern or judge what is true, right, or lasting; insight.

Either way you have to learn through life experiences.

So to me, knowladge is knowing facts

Wisdom is knowing how to use those facts accordingly.

So yeah, my main point is again... how do you really know that YOU are YOU and no one else, just YOU.

Last edited by JakeTKD; 04-01-2006 at 09:30 PM.