Thread: Spam
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2006, 12:41 AM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
My Inbox has got loads of spam even when I set the message rules and set the spam filter, well, sometimes three every four days but that is heaps to me.
I learned not to spend so much time getting rid of the same spam, because you know different spam is going to come once the other spam cannot get to you.

Here are some tips.

One, when setting message rules in Outlook Express, do not set the rule to
''Delete It'', or ''Delete From Server'' because that just puts it in your Deleted Items Inbox and you have to delete it permanently from then on. Set it to ''Do Not Download From Server''.

Two, ''Spam Filters'', ask your ISP on how to set it. Some filters can detect spam, but some spammers are so smart they put words in pictures so your filter cannot recognize that it is spam.

Three, like Steve told me in Tech Support, unsubscribing from spam is the worst thing ever, even though it says you are subscribed, you probably will not get any more emails from that which means they are lying, but they still want you to unsubscribe, and if it asks you to enter your email address and confirm it, HELL NO! NO WAY!

Four, use a fake email address for such things.

Chris_OJB_DF645 --
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black