Thread: RID us LOL
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2005, 07:56 PM
Lakie is offline Lakie

The map rating guide is just a guide a given rating does not mean that what is contained in the guide was the reason that it was given any rating.

Commonly i rate a standard map 2 or 3, to get anything above 3 from me must mean there is something special about the map, very good atmosphere, custom objects, unique theme etc. Maps that just look like the 100's before it and the 100's ill get in the next few months will only get 2-3.

I rarely give out 1 and never not rate a map if i can avoid it.

We do have a feature that allows the users to rate and comment on the map, this is accessed by clicking "a closer look" on the map description in the listings. We have always recomended that users use this system before deciding if a map is worth the download or not, and most do.

You have bought up queries about the operation of the map db and we are considering reform, but until we come up with something better to use, we arent going to stop the system that has worked for us for years with very minimal complaints, publicly or privately. Any changes cant and wont happen over night....

Feel free to contact me or any of the admins if you have queries, im contactable at blackbelt @ novahq dot net and welcome to the novahq.net forums