View Single Post
Old 11-25-2004, 05:18 PM
G.I.JOE*MFA* is offline G.I.JOE*MFA*

Send a message via ICQ to G.I.JOE*MFA* Send a message via Yahoo to G.I.JOE*MFA*
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
ever played a game at 12 fps!? pretty much unplayable

i think the human eye still interprets 12 fps as 12 separate images as apposed to motion.

the faster the fps the more smooth the image is. personally i can tell if the fps is less than 60-70 fps. if my fps is less than 40-50 then i'll turn it off as its too annoying.

the only thing i can think of right now is the video driver, i cant check right now because i cannot get onto any nvidea website :/ (and i use ATI).

i would be tempted to do some benchmarks like '3dmark' so u can compare your system to others.

also check agp x8 is enabled. sometimes people miss this.
lol you really want my 3dmark specs...lol

u must have super eyes if below 40 frames a sec you can see...lol

12 frames a sec is a fact...you dont need more than 20 but if you want your system to run hard then go for more...its up to you and how long you want your system to run...

my system runs smooth and im cool with 15-25 frames a sec stock...im not gong to max things out on the most graphic intensive games thats out to date...in about 5 years i may overclock to squeeze more out of the processor and vid card when those games are out...but not with todays games - no point to brag about frame rates like todays kids do that dont have a clue about the human eye and PC specs

not a knock on any1 just a fact

*MaFiA*...Trust...Respect . . . Family

BF *MaFiA* - CoD *MaFiA* - DF *MaFiA* - JO *MaFiA* - RvS ¤MaFiA¤ - SW *MaFiA* - Capo Crimini
The Site