Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Trying to give up smoking.. (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24454)

Sal UK 04-06-2005 06:48 PM

Trying to give up smoking..

I havent had a cigarette for 21 hours, And its starting claw at my mind saying, Go on just have one, It will not hurt.

I feel like there is 2 of me one on one side and one on the other like in those cartoons, One saying Go on light one up and the other saying No dont do it, Dont listen to him listen to me.

Instead of becoming a non-smoker Im begining to question my sanity. :confused:

()______________)_____)

DevilDog#1 04-06-2005 06:51 PM

Hang in there bud ;)

-live-wire- 04-06-2005 06:56 PM

I'm rooting for ya man! Take a run to the nearest stop sign everytime you get the urge. Then..if you still want one...smoke it before you catch your breath.....pretty soon you will catch on. It's a hard habit to break, my hat's off to ya!
<:{{{}}}><

Rider 04-06-2005 07:23 PM

you can do it Sal, its all in the mind man, I quit smoking about 3 years ago, and you wanna know how I did it. I just told myself I wasnt gonna smoke anymore and put them down and never picked them up again. COLD TURKEY.....its the only way to really quit, I dont believe in the stop smoking scams going around, you really just gotta have a strong mind and tell yourself you dont need it and dont pick them up. It was extra hard for me because my wife smokes too and she hasnt stopped yet. But I just looked at how I would prob. be when i get old, needing an oxygen machine and stuff, thats not what I wanna be doing when i get older, I see some people like that having trouble breathing and I dont think I could stand living if it was that hard to breath. Well I think Ive said enough lol ..........JUST DONT SMOKE!!!!

" YOU CAN DO IT!!! "

Dr. Bullet 04-06-2005 07:26 PM

Hang in there bro. Just get your mind on something else :) You'll pull through it cuz the Doc said so :p

Sal UK 04-06-2005 07:38 PM

Im trying, I havent given into temptation yet, I role my own Ciggies, so I have rolled one up and keep putting it in my mouth and pretend to take drags, It seems to work for now, No its not lit, though that voice in my head tells me to pick up my lighter at the same time I reach for my rollup Grrr....

Hellfighter 04-06-2005 08:06 PM

Re: Trying to give up smoking..

Quote:

Originally posted by Sal UK
I havent had a cigarette for 21 hours, And its starting claw at my mind saying, Go on just have one, It will not hurt.

I feel like there is 2 of me one on one side and one on the other like in those cartoons, One saying Go on light one up and the other saying No dont do it, Dont listen to him listen to me.

Instead of becoming a non-smoker Im begining to question my sanity. :confused:

()______________)_____)

i use to smoke but me & my girl we did things to keep it off my mind we did some crazy things, she help me out a lot.

i try pills and other things none help me, it take will power and smarts to get it off your mind thats all it takes.

pills help out some but the mind will keep tripping you up, so do some thing that is fun to do, what every it takes do it.

bad thing to do is seat around and do no then at all, keep your mind buzzy on other things, workout, have fun go to the movies, go to the ballgame or football.

no fishing you be seating there thinking of things it will bug you to death. don't have any smokes near you at all!! keep them away from you and people who smoke tell them please don't smoke around me please thanks. they will understand you.

my girl we had a lot of fun in bed it workout great for me. every time i got bug to have a smoke she jump in and could tell i was starting to be bug by it. she help me a lot. rest her soul. she die after 5yrs later.

Ps you be cough a lot your lung are getting cleaner this is normal, and get tire some what it is ok get some sleep your system is getting heal so it be fighting some what. take it easy you may get mad for no reason at all take a walk get some fresh air do you some good, better then getting mad at some love one you love.

atholon 04-06-2005 08:11 PM

A guy at work did the Cold Turkey bit. I would suggest thinking of sticking the most disgusting thing on earth in your mouth everytime to get the urge to lite up. You can do it. Good luck!

Sal UK 04-06-2005 08:17 PM

Yes I know chief, I have given up before around 1985, Then about 87 things got a little hard and you guessed I started smokin again.

I do keep cigerettes around me though, I find if I havent got any at all, I crave more for them.
As I say I have one rolled up and I put it in my mouth every now and again, And its 2:13 am now I had my last cigerette about 2:30am yesturday morning.

Ill keep this thread going, Just so Its like a diary for me and how far I get without a cigerette...... :)

Hellfighter 04-06-2005 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sal UK
Yes I know chief, I have given up before around 1985, Then about 87 things got a little hard and you guessed I started smokin again.

I do keep cigerettes around me though, I find if I havent got any at all, I crave more for them.
As I say I have one rolled up and I put it in my mouth every now and again, And its 2:13 am now I had my last cigerette about 2:30am yesturday morning.

Ill keep this thread going, Just so Its like a diary for me and how far I get without a cigerette...... :)

1999 i started up too tell what i give them up for you and all here it going to be a bitch i know the feeling guy. let do this together ok.

DevilDog#1 04-06-2005 08:39 PM

Start working out ... switch a negative addiction with a positive one ;)

atholon 04-06-2005 09:09 PM

Remember Sal, if you break once...it is much easier to do it again and again. Trick is not to break that once. Like they said, do it cold turkey or it is going to be way hard.

the þrox™ 04-06-2005 09:59 PM

Once you get passed day 3 your in the money! Keep it up and dont give in bud, im rooting for ya.

Sal UK 04-07-2005 06:47 AM

Well Day 2, Still havent been tempted..... :)

atholon 04-07-2005 08:09 AM

Good :)

BADDOG 04-07-2005 09:06 AM

I hope you can stick to it Sal, I'm on the same track myself and I've found it very hard, nay almost hellish to give up but I am determined to do it one way or another so your not alone mate:)!!!!

Regards :)

-Tigger- 04-07-2005 09:37 AM

u can do it m8!, ive went 2 and a half weeks without smoking :).. its hard but o well results r better at the end

goodluck m8 ;)

teej 04-07-2005 09:56 AM

haha man. Thats like me and food. I am saying to myself, i dont need it but then i am saying it wont hurt. and i usually give in heh. If i smoked i woulnd be able to do it.

Dr. Bullet 04-07-2005 09:58 AM

I hear that if you can make it three days, you can make it forever. Not having ever been a smoker I can't say, but my entire family was, and it seemed like they had it a little easier after 3 days...

Stu 04-07-2005 01:47 PM

general facts about smoking everyone gets taught in school and is known everywhere, and should put u off:
- It can soon lead on to cancer/heart problems.
- Your hair starts to smell, or everything smells of ciggys all together.
- Your hands & teath turn yellow.
- Some strange stuff develops in your adamen, forget exactly where and what its called.
- Not talking about them can probally help, and especcially drawing them.
Hope it turns out for ya bud, hope 'tis ok :gj: