Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Force (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Official News Novalogic: New game is in the making! (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39277)

Chrispy 08-08-2007 02:40 PM

Official News Novalogic: New game is in the making!

Quote:

After a call with Mike Harding "Manager Tech dept" is the community a few facts richer!

The following questions I asked.

Are there still PR managers working at Novalogic?
No, there are no PR managers working atm.

Is Novalogic working on a new game?

Yes, Novalogic is working on a new game. That's our job! The release date is unknown.
Can't tell more.

Is the game related to the pictures that was leaked a few days ago?

Yes, the pictures were used for internal use to give other employees knowledge what was happening. After the leak we decided to let them on the FTP.

I know it isnt much but understand that I was shocked to actually speak to him after so many calls.

Mike, thank you for give a little light on the situation.

Greetings,
Spooz.
From Action-Inside. Link.

Chris :)

tail_gunner 08-08-2007 02:56 PM

well the screenshots look ok just, just everything in the back ground kinda looks like its from df2, hope nova doesnt fall behind all the other games like cod4, crysis, Battlefeild bad company, ect,

*edit also found this image lol the guys feet are through the floor..(i know the game has just started in devlopment but the little thing count) http://www.action-inside.com/images/...30707-1/16.jpg

TitaN-R2K 08-08-2007 03:24 PM

Lol good point out tail_gunner.
-Thats a big thing Nova expecially need to fix. Glitches.

Chrispy we are all excited about the game, but the only thing we can do from this point on is just be patient.
I get Antsy in my Pantsy too lmao...

TitaN-R2K

Hellfighter 08-08-2007 04:34 PM

sorry this is not real new's same old story

ShArP 08-08-2007 05:12 PM

i say they need to fine tune the game before releasing it and making sure their isn't any glitches in the game like all the others...

-Tigger- 08-08-2007 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by tail_gunner
well the screenshots look ok just, just everything in the back ground kinda looks like its from df2, hope nova doesnt fall behind all the other games like cod4, crysis, Battlefeild bad company, ect,

*edit also found this image lol the guys feet are through the floor..(i know the game has just started in devlopment but the little thing count) http://www.action-inside.com/images/...30707-1/16.jpg

also by the looks of it the 50cal is able to shoot thru the sandbags.. i swear if they dont fix the glitches thats been in the last games they have released.. im not buying it... especially if left lean is still a major glitch

TitaN-R2K 08-08-2007 05:29 PM

I wonder if they have ever attempted to fix LL, in fact I don't think I've played ever a Non-Nova game where I can even do that?

Maybe it is just a Nova thing.

TitaN-R2K

DevilDog#1 08-08-2007 05:43 PM

I don't see no sniper pics!!!! Are there any?

TitaN-R2K 08-08-2007 05:51 PM

Most likely, come on now we are talking about a Nova Game here! lol :D

Well all of the pics that we have all seen are based upon thick jungles. And they really have not been working on it long. So you don't really know.

TitaN-R2K

Hellfighter 09-09-2007 10:33 PM

you know it be great if we can change the flags on the shoulder patch area to the country a player is from.

maybe a folder for a unit "sqd.jpg say like 20kb in file size" on the other shoulder simple SBS or R2K on the left shoulder and right country flag patch.

only item get uploaded would be the sqd.jpg or sqd.pcx 20kb is not really not too large.

i only hope they don't go the way of players downloading maps like crazy when the next game loads up from the server. man thats kill me all the time

ShArP 09-10-2007 12:34 PM

that would be awesome lol

:D :D :D

--BulletMagnet-- 09-10-2007 06:43 PM

Looks to me like his foot is through the ground because it is in snow.

And the .50 cal barrel is just resting on the bags.

Chrispy 09-10-2007 11:27 PM

A lot of people complain about saying Nova use the old stuff in their games and carry them on in the new game - but personally, I have no problem with it. It's good to bring some "classics" into the new game.

Like in DF1, those palm trees - loved them. It was carried on into DF2, and DFLW, and DFTFD, and I have no problem whatsoever. It may not be Nova being lazy 100% - they just might want to add more stuff to the game and bring some of their old games' feels back, that's all. :)

Chris :)

Sir WHUB 08-27-2008 08:27 AM

What would be even better; why not let each squad have an editable "skin" so that each member of that squad could have their own squad's insignia patch on their shoulder. Just a thought :)

Hellfighter 08-27-2008 08:46 AM

counts of it lime green or lime yellow that be a spot light to spot essayer

but dark green with black insignia stander colors would be great, they could make it any patters for their squads in it

they could add it into the game folder were players have a folder call "insignia" file type jpg, jpg, pcx file size like 20kb this way the game will upload the insignia to all players to see. bad note NL don't like to go there uploading files to their site to span to others players in servers. you may get more then you ask for thats what i think they will say no do to security reasons in the game.

but there is a better way if they do it through novaworld.com? all squads upload a stander image insignia to be ok to be use that image tag for their squads tag name. then they would ok it or not. after that any one go into their NL servers to join a server the insignia is already upload and any one come in using the squad tag it will show up on their player's shin right off the back no need for the game to upload it.

SgtDylan 08-27-2008 10:01 AM

in df2 you could chose a country patch. and if they want to bring back the old game feeling, dont use the bhd biuldings in a jungle. make something that reminds players of bhd, like a dumpy city. i hope the scope drift is not based on zoom. in jo the drift was the crosshair moving. the amount of ads zoom controlled the amount of drift. thats why the lmgs had sniper like zooms.

SgtDylan 08-27-2008 10:02 AM

the pic reminds me of cod4, but i see the same old m4, and the sandbags are just a skin. would be nive if each bag had its own model

mrg 08-27-2008 11:31 AM

ya know i kinda looks like a HD version of BHD

SgtDylan 08-27-2008 03:48 PM

the rubble in the backround liiks like some rubble from BHD

Chrispy 08-27-2008 11:43 PM

If the sandbags were seperate models in one, then that'd might be high-poly, and BHD/JO/DFX is low-poly.