Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Force (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   cant install DFLW.PFF (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28356)

crash_demons 07-29-2005 07:04 PM

cant install DFLW.PFF

alright i have the original CD and an original CD-KEY i had DFLW installed once on XP home and it worked fine...now i Have the same CD and tried to use it for XP Professional but the DFLW.PFF that appears on the disc is 0 bytes and when it installes the game the installed DFLW.PFF is 0 bytes and it doesnt see the game as installed on the autorun dialog....and if i try to directly open the game (main executable in the install dir) it gives me BS errors.....if i remember correctly i had once solved this by using a copy of the dflw.pff i had...i dont have a copy of it now as it wont install
The errors are:
"Please insert correct CD-ROM, select OK and restart the application"
and DFLWLC gives me:
"unable to find resources, missing CD?"

Mauser 98K 08-01-2005 10:37 PM

is there any scratches on the cd?and try cleaning the cd-rom with a cd-rom cleaning disk.

crash_demons 08-01-2005 10:41 PM

nope

the CD is clean...i barely took it out of its case and before i wiped my computer and was able to run it it was in the CD-holder all day and its totally unscathed......

Hellfighter 08-01-2005 10:54 PM

let do this scandisk to fix any errors

Windows 2000 family, Xp family, 2003
Start> Run> type in> chkdsk /F /R C:

last part is the Drive letter you using my case it F:

press Enter after press Y-Key then restart system, let it check all area's if there anything bad it will fix the error.

have to ask you get a 16bit error at any time trying to instill any software at all? if so i have a fix for that.

when you instill Windows Xp did it stop or lockup any time? you may have to redo it again bad instill.

i am running Windows Xp pro too. fully update it guy

anyways do the scandisk bit when it all done try to instill DFLW again, if you get a 16bit error tell me ok.

08-12-2005 08:09 PM

i get the 16bit error...

Hellfighter 08-12-2005 08:23 PM

16bit error go here:

http://www.novahq.net/forum/showthre...threadid=25558

crash_demons 12-02-2006 07:46 PM

I tried all that and everything i could think of, and the file isn't even on the disc....
reinstalled and i had to try on a different PC and Home Ed. OS and still had the same problems

I ended up giving up and buying DF: BHD / BHDTS (which has a current NVG problem (posted in a different thread))

but at least i can get my fix of an online FPS game back again.

Chrispy 12-02-2006 09:01 PM

That was a waste. A lot prefer LW over BHD lol...

But wait, if you can get LW back or you have it, install the game right? You said the dflw.pff was 0 bytes...
Go into the CD and see if you can copy the dflw.pff outta there and paste it in your DFLW folder.

It may be possible. Copying the whole CD ain't for some reason... :|

*Edit: Oh, you don't have the CD. Well hope you have fun playing BHD! Your LW CD you used to have; you shoulda told NovaLogic and they would've replaced it. It probably was a counterfeit or a badly copied one...

*Edit 2: Sorry I meant that dflw.pff was not in the CD; before I said ''Oh, you don't have the CD.''

Chris_OJB_DF645 --;) :)

crash_demons 12-03-2006 04:17 PM

Lemme clear that up:
I have the CD, the dflw.pff found on the CD is also 0 bytes along with the one that was installed.
Strangely, I remember that CD copy having bytes the first couple times i instaleld it when it worked...

Are you sure the game doesnt have some sort of protection that clears the file so u cant use it again?
(PS. I've gotten used to BHD:TS, so if I have to bother Nova to get LW working, then it isn't hardly worth the hassle)

Scott 12-03-2006 08:36 PM

That kinda of protection would be impossible with the media that NovaLogic uses. Most likely it's an problem with your CDROM drive. Try upgrading the firmware, or buy a new one. THey are pretty cheap. Other then that, try and copy the cd with a program like CloneCD or Alcohol 120% and then just play the image with Daemon Tools.

crash_demons 12-04-2006 03:27 PM

mmm tried to read it into and image, even tried it on another PC, no bytes.......
Not worth the hassle :p