Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Force (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   How do I make my MIG fly? (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4392)

Disco 09-18-2002 06:54 PM

How do I make my MIG fly?

This is in DF2. I have placed it as high as 240, (waypoints too), but all it does is roll around on the ground. I've seen planes in the air before. How do you get them up there?

DevilDog#1 09-18-2002 10:28 PM

You have to play with the Z value.

Diamond Bullet 09-19-2002 10:27 AM

er i dont know what DD means. So im going to say something too. You gotta set the waypoints at 240 too. Other than that idk (stevie could help)

frogman*PR* 09-22-2002 12:14 AM

Yeah you gotta set the way points , area triggers and so on , hold on ill find a turtorial for you

frogman*PR* 09-22-2002 12:16 AM

here ya go http://www.dfhq.net/page/tut/VT.shtml , also set the waypoints off the ground. I mean set them to a z value off the ground. I know its a truck tutorial but itll work the same way.

Ian M 09-26-2002 06:27 PM

The big pain with the aircraft is their turning circles are huge so you can have them missing from the map for like 15 minutes whilst they negotiate the bloody waypoints

Disco 09-27-2002 05:07 PM

Nothing is working. The plane falls instantly out of the sky the moment the game starts. It follows the way points when the trigger is reached but on the ground, not at the height I have the waypoints set to. I have checked and double checked. All the waypoints are set at the same height. I've tried to start the plane on the ground with the same results. I'm at a complete loss here.

frogman*PR* 09-28-2002 12:52 AM

well you gotta set the plane to that path if i remember right lol , its been a while , hey stevie get in here and help this man lol

Steve 09-28-2002 07:41 AM

hiho

it's been a while since i did this in df2. i only ever tried the herc but it worked ok.

u r setting it's velocity arent u?

i'll get df2 installed and check it out.

there is some problem with the tfd plane(s) where it does not follow any waypoints but only follows a fixed route but i dont know if that is the case in df2 with the mig.

i'll post back in a day or 2

Disco 09-28-2002 08:51 AM

I have now discovered that I have a different version of the map editor than most seem to have. According to one fellow there should be a 'hover' check box to use in the IA. There is none in mine.

katana*GFR* 09-28-2002 09:28 AM

not in DF2

katana*GFR* 09-28-2002 09:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok ive been testing around with it and found out this conclusion:
The MIG behaves like a normal road vehicle.
Ive tested it with a hercules on the same path, route and so on.

ive enclosed a zipfile containing both files 1 for playing and 1 for the mission editor.
the hercules and mig have the same settings

Disco 09-28-2002 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by katana*GFR*
Ok ive been testing around with it and found out this conclusion:
The MIG behaves like a normal road vehicle.
Ive tested it with a hercules on the same path, route and so on.

ive enclosed a zipfile containing both files 1 for playing and 1 for the mission editor.
the hercules and mig have the same settings

Guess I'll just have to live with no MIG in flight. I had a slight problem with your file. I stuck it in the DF2 folder like all other maps. I can access it with the mission editor but it will not show up in the play list. I tried changing the name and saving it again with no luck.

Strange days indeed.

katana*GFR* 09-28-2002 02:08 PM

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmm

cr*p

frogman*PR* 09-29-2002 05:44 PM

oh hell its df2 lol sorry , thought this was for tfd for some reason , opps

Steve 09-30-2002 05:49 AM

yeah i got to the same conclusion - it doesn't fly. herc is fine but props don't spin hehe.

katana*GFR* 09-30-2002 06:41 AM

lol glad we worked that out...
There are more helos that arent flying found that aout also.