Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Force (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   more weapon help. (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40849)

skinny killer 03-23-2008 08:42 PM

more weapon help.

I'm trying to set it up so that when you click the mouse button to look down the iron sights on a gun instet of switching to a .TGA graphic of the iron sight of that weapon it will phisicly move the weapon to a position so that the player is looking down the sights.

now I know how to reposition the weapon in the .DEF scrips (see example below) but I need it to move it to the position that I asign it, using the numbers below, by pressing the right mouse button to look down the sights

is there a way to do this?

pos -26.55, 23.25, -165.00 2.500, 0.750, 356.750
tpos -26.55, 23.25, -165.00 2.500, 0.750, 356.750

thanx 4 any help ;)

Chrispy 03-23-2008 09:12 PM

I've got quite some experience in .def work, but I do know some of those numbers probably corresponds to some x,y,z sorta thing.

pos is the general position of the weapon, while tpos is the transition from pos to gun sight.

What I do is copy tpos entries from other weapons, like the Barret or M16, for example.

Hope that helps some bit.

Chris :)

skinny killer 03-24-2008 08:26 AM

ummm I'm not sure if you know what I mean. :(

lets see...... it's kinda hard to explane......

from what I understand in my expiriments the "tpos" controls what position the weapon will move to when you use the "HandGunUp" flag comand.

example: when you fire the hand gun it will move the hand gun forward. well this can also be done with other weapons and the "tpos" is what position it will move to when you fire it.

but anyway what I want to know is can you use the "pos" or the "tpos" so that when you press your button to look down the sights it will move to gun to what ever position you want. in my case I would change the numbers so that it positions the gun to look like the player is looking down the sights.

we allready know there is a way to change the position when you fire your weapon but the quwstion is cane you do this with any keyboard comand you want (like walkinf forwar or jumping......etc)

one idea I had was to use a blank .TGA iron sight. I noticee that when you look down the sights it removes the 3rd person view of the weapon a switches to the .TGA graphic. well is there a way to keep the 3rd person view from disappearring? if so then I might just get this to work.

sorry such trouble for a little thing. but it would look so much more realistic if the player physically moved the the weapon.

anyway thanks for the reply m8 ;)

Xx_jet_xX 03-24-2008 01:11 PM

Answer is.... No.

you can redo the sights .tga to look more like you are looking down the weapon but you cannot use the weapon itself for that, as you discovered it wont render.

skinny killer 03-25-2008 08:51 AM

ahh nuts :(

oh well. I was able to position the gun so that it looks like he is aiming down the sights but I had to do it with the default position and not on my command. which sucks cuz that looked so much better then NOVA's cheasy looking sight system.

oh well. thanks anyway :)