Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   Web design and Programming (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   anyone knows... (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=585)

Gen. Jann *PR* 12-05-2001 05:31 AM

anyone knows...

where i can get free webspace without banners? i found some, but they suck and they don't support php and stuff like that.... or is there any way to remove banners? plz help me...:D

Steve 12-05-2001 08:04 AM

prolly wont me many that support php, the ones that do let u have like 5 mb space and crap bandwidth. u dont get much for free m8, i'll tell ya

Gen. Jann *PR* 12-05-2001 09:55 AM

yeah, ****ing world..... thx anyway....

Scott 12-05-2001 11:35 AM

lol.. what you makeing a site for m8?

zza1pqx 12-05-2001 12:17 PM

When did the entire world start believing they had a right to demand high quality for no cost?????

We live in a capatilist society and as such the exchange of moneys keeps us above water.... Why did the dot-com bubble burst? Because those who the services were aimed at, wouldnt use them.

We are in danger of losing this highly accessible thing which is the PC driven internet because the money makers are planning to make the PC obselete by producing all in one TV Set-Top boxes that we can access but not ptogram.

You will all post in here saying that this wont work but believe me, the majority of Human beings on the planet are not like us. They may have a PC and an internet connection, but they do not understand it and they are demanding something cheaper to buy and easier to use.

DF-HQ.com is not free, the new UKVS site isnt free, the sites that are free are free because there are advertisments on them..... Users have to understand that those providing the service have kids to feed and if they cannot make cash from this they will go work in something else and slowly but surley the web as we know it will errode. You only have to pay about $10 a month for a basic no ads. service if you shop around anyway..........

It is NOT the way of the world that you cannot get good stuff free anymore.. you have NEVER been able to get stuff free and I dont think you should be able to... Its a nonsense.

I deeply apologise if people think I am being rude, I am not, its just an issue I feel VERY strongly on.

Gen. Jann *PR* 12-06-2001 03:16 AM

hehe. thx for your replies.
i found a provider which includes everything, 50mb, no advertisement.... but they don't accept new members right now... :(
i am making a website about "bellschool in cambridge", where all the students i met here can meet....:D

Necromancer 12-07-2001 02:03 PM

Try Brinkster. They have something like 20 MB with fo ads, and they support CGI, PHP, ASP, and some others. Go to www.brinkster.com

Necromancer 12-07-2001 02:05 PM

Correction. They offer 30 MB, and they now also have .NET capability. And it's FREE! NO ADS! WOOHOO!!!

Gen. Jann *PR* 12-09-2001 08:35 AM

cheers mate! :D

Steve 12-09-2001 09:20 AM

was the one u saw gametribe Genn Jann?

they arent acceping at the moment , but they offer

200MB
5GB data transfer
cgi
php
sql
email
no banner / ads

totally free.
just as long as its game related
but dont go over the data transfer rate!!!

you get a domain like http://www.stevieb.gametribe.com

Gen. Jann *PR* 12-09-2001 10:07 AM

no, it was... aehm.... have to look it up....
anyway, i'll check it stevie, cheers.
until then i have the brickster account..... got now 2 of them....:D

Gen. Jann *PR* 12-11-2001 10:32 AM

i looked it up... was www.digitalrice.com

hey panther, can you send me the forum file as soon as i am back? :D 5mb, not?

Scott 12-11-2001 11:55 AM

pm me when you want it and ill upload and give you the link.. ;)

Gen. Jann *PR* 12-12-2001 10:45 AM

where do you upload it? hehe
can i change the colours and stuff like that?
cheers mate, i'll contact you over icq....
the two of you are so friendly.....:D