Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   Feedback / Novahq.net Support (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Latest Spammer Tactics (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=45622)

Guest001 12-18-2010 10:11 PM

Latest Spammer Tactics

Received email from Swifty Helen about NovaHQ hacked email, they (spammers) can insert links into email notifications without it showing on the forum and appearing to come from other respondents.

Hellfighter 12-19-2010 07:03 AM

if the post been deleted being it was posted (by a spammer) then e-mail sent out before it was deleted yea there be a copy of the link that they posted in the forum inside the notice e-mail.

but don't think this site been hacked! scott and admin would know it anyways

copy of the reply to the thread has always has a copy what they posted in the forum thread its the normal thing

Quote:

"e-mail notice spammer"

Dear Obraino,

isaacjohn has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Everyone Read. Now. - in the General Chat forum of Novahq.net Forum.

This thread is located at:
http://www.novahq.net/forum/showthre...8&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
free macbook frexxxxxkair.org) free nintendo 3ds xxxxxxdo3ds.org) shirataki noodles (xxxxxxoodlesinfo.com)
(edited remove xxxxx)

There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

All the best,
Novahq.net Forum

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

spammer link will be in there with the novahq.net notice as will. it not been hacked it the norm

every one get a novahq.net notice e-mail if they option for it and in it be full update on thread what other members posted in it new replys.
they hack the e-mail notice with spam links? nope sample: you talk about something like a new outstanding monitor you found and like to buy it you put in your post a link to the item your thinking about! link be in the notice e-mail too beside any text you type in it as will.

Hellfighter 12-19-2010 07:20 AM

we been deleting tons of spammer posting in the forum and novahq.net notice goes out before the post get deleted.

with the things they place in the posting in a thread one get the full copy of the reply to that thread with the link as will

Subscribed to a thread: you get full detail and with a copy of the post (rely to the thread) that was made including the URL link if they place one inside their post.

site and e-mail notice not been hacked it been that way for a long time.

Scott 12-19-2010 10:50 AM

That's not hacking... That's what happens when you turn on email notification.

RedrumSalad 12-19-2010 11:20 AM

why is it only us who get the spam? all the other forums im on dont get spammers at all

EDGE 12-19-2010 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedrumSalad (Post 370492)
why is it only us who get the spam? all the other forums im on dont get spammers at all

Yes, they do. You just don't see it. The forum I have setup for my clan gets almost 10 new registrations per day of nothing but spammers. All forum owners have their own ways of combating spammers, some ways that work and some that don't. Unfortunately, I have not figured out a way to completely 100% stop the spammers and I don't think Scott has yet either, but we'll figure it out.

RedrumSalad 12-19-2010 04:18 PM

oh ok

MERMITE 12-19-2010 11:47 PM

See William, just like terrorists, if you had let me cut his ears off and set fire to him
you wouldn't have this problem now.

...or maybe I'm just getting old? after all they are only merchants ...?

..nuth'in like a shortwalk and long drop won't solve.. ha ha ha

"M"

Guest001 12-20-2010 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MERMITE (Post 370509)
See William, just like terrorists, if you had let me cut his ears off and set fire to him

"M"

I'm with you on that one...!

Hellfighter 12-21-2010 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MERMITE (Post 370509)

"M"

don't have anymore your mother came by and rip off my head and now i walk around with it on a pole. but hey you can cut them off and fry them for your pig to feed on them, your more then welcome to

MERMITE 12-21-2010 07:29 AM

LOL ..merry christmas William

Hellfighter 12-22-2010 02:43 AM

u2