Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   Joint Operations (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=178)
-   -   cannot play the game (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=34211)

Virusius 04-15-2006 03:56 PM

cannot play the game

Guys i don't understand what wrong here.

Did this on 2 computers with the same result.

Clean install of xp pro sp2 with all updates and mobe/gfx (asus 6800N) drivers etc.

Clean instal of jo from cd and in game update option.

Problem is when going to novalobby after the login screens the lobby is loading.
The movie on the up and down side of the screen start the get slow and hanging also the mouse moves really slow.
When clicking games the lobby shows but i don't see any of the gfx (games type. country flag etc) and i see server with ping times.

when i pick the right type (it a quess) i can join a game but get punted with this error:

has been kicked via Punkbuster (for 0 minutes).. This PB server requires
A1343 c1.231 error loading pbag (gdc041)

I also try different nvidia driver direct x updating etc.

Also tried to do a bunkbuster update ( not sure if that went ok)

But nothing works.

HEEEEEEELLLLLppppp

Pls can any one give me a point when to look for the answer to this problem, i haven't been able to play JO ( reality) for almost 2 mouths now.

Mstenger404 04-15-2006 04:12 PM

make a whole new acount?

maybe you've had a previous problem with one of punkbuster's friends... which is another punkbuster but on another game?

actually screw those two, buy another JO if you cant return it for the same copy.

Virusius 04-15-2006 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mstenger404
make a whole new acount?

? euh why
Quote:

maybe you've had a previous problem with one of punkbuster's friends... which is another punkbuster but on another game?
No i only play jotr got esc. but play mostly realiti mod.
Quote:

actually screw those two, buy another JO if you cant return it for the same copy.
If that s the only way then this was the last nova game ill ever play, thats BS.
Ive been playing delta force games from df1 to jo never had this and also know most of the problem with the game but if this punkbuster is the trouble novalogic should get there updates up to date and give better support ! there is nothing on there site about this.

Mstenger404 04-15-2006 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Virusius

If that s the only way then this was the last nova game ill ever play, thats BS.
Ive been playing delta force games from df1 to jo never had this and also know most of the problem with the game but if this punkbuster is the trouble novalogic should get there updates up to date and give better support ! there is nothing on there site about this.

its the game prolly, have you tried rejoining the same server? have you checked with nova to see if you've been banned?

Virusius 04-15-2006 06:19 PM

Quote:

its the game prolly, have you tried rejoining the same server? have you checked with nova to see if you've been banned?
O i can get into a game that np its when shooting or getting shot at i have this error.

But it start with thouse movies and mouse etc that before joining any game.
When going to traning its no problem at all.

O i forgot the mention that after this error i have to reboot my adsl modem before getting any connection again.
the log is saying the it get a udp flood from the ip nummer that was hosting the game (i quess).

Mstenger404 04-15-2006 06:22 PM

it must be a punkbuster error, have you gotten it updated again?

Virusius 04-15-2006 06:26 PM

Quote:

it must be a punkbuster error, have you gotten it updated again?
how ? how can it mess up the movies slow down my system en wreck my connection ?

Mstenger404 04-15-2006 06:27 PM

do it when ur not playing, go to the website

Virusius 04-15-2006 06:29 PM

Quote:

do it when ur not playing, go to the website
What website do u mean ? the punkbustet webupdate ? its no longer there u need to use some other tool

Mstenger404 04-15-2006 06:31 PM

www.punkbuster.com :read:

Virusius 04-15-2006 06:33 PM

Ill give it another try tomorrow also try a differnt adsl modem but i just don't understand what going on.

when does punkbuster check anything ? that when ur in a game a guess not when getting into the nova lobby ???????

Virusius 04-16-2006 09:26 AM

OK i can play now.

What i did.

- did the manual update of the jo pb file from www.punkbuster.com then did the pbsetup.exe file yes it found another update ???
- then downloaded the jo update from novalogic and installed that (strains thing the version nummer was lower that another 1 i got from the web ???)
-also installed my N6600 (the one that should be in this computer)

Then I login to novaworld and change my loginname, delete a player named new en changed my players name also.

Then started the game :) and yes i got into a reality server when i couldn't play before !

But in the lobby i still don't see the little icons :( quess i have to go into the pff file for that.

Mstenger404 04-16-2006 11:54 AM

how fast is ur connecion, that may be something that affects the icons.

Virusius 04-16-2006 12:49 PM

Quote:

how fast is ur connecion, that may be something that affects the icons.
It never was a problem before don't think thats the way to go.
but is a 8Mb down 1Mb up ADSL from demon.nl (BBned).

Mstenger404 04-16-2006 02:58 PM

thats actually pretty fast, you shouldn't be experiencing problems like that.

Virusius 04-17-2006 06:46 AM

Its not my connection speed.
I now think it has to do with the way this modem is configured.
Its a new 1 and doesn't have that much options to play around with.
Switching off the firewall will also switch off NAT mmmm that not good.

Virusius 04-23-2006 01:31 PM

I was on a lanparty saterday and used this computer, JO worked without any problem the icons shows etc.
Now im sure its that .... adsl modem.

Mstenger404 04-23-2006 06:50 PM

call your isp up and say wtf? ask about upgrading or getting a different modem.

Virusius 04-25-2006 12:25 AM

Its my own modem.
Unlucky for me its not 1 they support.

Well anyway its not the game although im not sure about that punkbuster thing.

Today i get another 1 and will see if that solves the problem.

.DareDevil. 04-25-2006 05:41 PM

Connection doesent always matter!Do to the fact even the fastest connection can still get lag issues if somethings corrupted,not working right,not installed right,game settings not right,spyware/viruses, or without latest computer updates!I have seen quite a bit have problems with fast connections.